These are my notes from the Monday, March 6th mid-day News Conference about, “Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States”, President Trump’s Revised Travel Ban. The News Conference was given by three of President Trump’s Cabinet Members: Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, Attorney General, Jeff Sessions and Secretary of Homeland Security, John Kelly. The President was not present for the News Conference; he signed the Executive Order in private earlier in the morning. Also, there was no Question and Answer period for the reporters at the end of the presentation.
- Executive Order 13769 suspended for 90 days the entry of certain aliens from six countries: Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. They have removed Iraq from list.
- No Refugees will be accepted from these six countries for up to 120 days. Originally Syrian Refugee ban was unlimited.
- No Visas will be issued for these six countries for up to 90 days.
- No religion preference will be given for special cases, which can be decided on a case by case basis. Originally Christians were given Preferential treatment.
- Revised Travel Ban will not take effect until March 16th. The first ban took effect immediately!
- Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holders) and valid Visa holders that have already have been issued before 5:00 pm EST on January 27, 2017, the date of first Travel Ban.
Participants in the News Conference – (no Q&A period given):
Source of Information:
CNN.com, 3/6/17, Article and Videos:
Whitehouse.gov, 3/6/17, Executive Order: