EAD and Advance Parole Renewal SPECIAL continued – Valid until 1/31/2010

$450 flat fee (no admin fee) for filing both EAD and Advance Parole per applicant

$200 + $50(admin fee) if filing either EAD or Advance Parole separately

Our normal legal fees are $250 + $50(admin fee) per application
**If an RFE is received, an additional legal fee will be required to respond**

Contact our office to process your EAD and Advance Parole Renewal!


Question: How soon can I renew my EAD and Advance Parole (AP)?
Answer: You can file the renewal 120 days prior to the expiration date. However, AP applicants are advised to reapply within 30 days or less remaining on their current I-131 document.

Question: I have a valid H-1B. Do I need to renew EAD and AP?
Answer: No. You do not have to renew your EAD or AP. According to the new USCIS guidance issued last November, People on L1 or H-1B status can travel without AP. However, it is advisable to renew the EAD and AP as a precautionary measure if you plan to travel. For instance, if you travel outside the U.S. and you are not allowed back into the U.S. by customs on H-1B for any given reason, you can always come back in with AP and ensure that your adjustment of status proceeding continues.

Question: My spouse has H4 and is currently not working; do I need to renew EAD? Can I renew later when I need it?
Answer: You do not need to renew EAD. You can reapply for EAD anytime while your I-485 is pending.

Question: How long does it take to get a new EAD and AP?
Answer: Current processing times can be viewed on the USCIS website.

Question: My H-1B is expiring, should I extend H-1B or be on EAD?
Answer: You can work on EAD while your adjustment of status application (I-485) is pending. However, in the unforeseen event that your adjustment of status application is denied by the USCIS, you would fall out of status. Therefore, it is a good idea to maintain H-1B status as long as you can. However, this is decision that you have to make.

Question: Can I renew AP while I am outside the U.S.?
Answer: No
Question: What happens if my EAD expires and I’m still waiting for an approval of 485 while I am working?
Answer: If not on valid H-1B/L status, you cannot work until you get an approval.

Question: If I am currently on O1 status, and would like to travel, should I apply for AP and EAD, or just AP?
Answer: If you are on a nonimmigrant status other than H-1B, H-4, L-1, or L-2, you should obtain an AP, but EAD is not needed. Problems could occur while traveling, especially when attempting to reenter the U.S. Therefore, it is recommended that if you are not on H-1B/L status, that you should obtain both an EAD and AP if you wish to travel outside the U.S. while your I-485 is pending.

Question: What is the validity period for the EAD card?
Answer: As of June 30, 2008, USCIS will issue EAD valid for two years for individuals who qualify. The new two-year EAD is only available to individuals who have filed Adjustment of status I-485 and are unable to become a lawful permanent resident because an immigrant visa number is not currently available.

Contact Information