Articles Posted in E-2

Beginning on May 1st, specific Israeli nationals who are lawfully present in the United States will be able to request a change of status to the E-2 treaty investor classification! An eligible Israeli national will be able to file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, to request a change of status to E-2 classification.

Please review USCIS News Alert, “Israeli Nationals Eligible for Treaty Investor Visas” for more details.

*The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.  Certain employees of such a person or of a qualifying organization may also be eligible for this classification.  (For dependent family members, see “Family of E-2 Treaty Investors and Employees” below.)

Contact Information