Archive – Holiday Post – Immigration Q&A Forum – Originally posted 9/11/21

Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
This blog entry was originally posted on 9/11/21. We here at the MVP Law Group would like to wish every one of our blog readers Happy Holidays! 

MVP Law Group, P.A. makes available the information and materials in this forum for informational purposes only. The information is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice or any contractual obligations. Further, the use of this site, and the sending or receipt of this information, does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. Therefore, your communication with us through this forum will not be considered as privileged or confidential. 


Question #1 – Employment Based Green Card Sponsorship

Does anyone with an Advanced Degree qualify for an EB-2 Category I-140?

Answer #1 – No. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation to further discuss your eligibility.


Question #2 – H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa

My 6-year limit has expired on my H-1B visa. How long do I have to remain out of the US before I can apply again?

Answer #2 – You must remain outside of the United States for an entire year (one year) before you are eligible to apply for another H-1B nonimmigrant work visa.


Question #3 – H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa

Is there any limit to how many times I can apply for an H1B transfer?

Answer #3 – No.


Question #4 – Citizenship and Naturalization

Will I be asked all 100 civics questions during the naturalization interview?

Answer #4 – No. You will be asked 10 questions out of the possible 100 civics questions. You must correctly answer 6 out of the 10 questions ask by the interviewer to pass.

100 Civics Questions and Answers with MP3 Audio (English version)


Question #5 – Student Visa

If I am an F1 International student from Spain and I want to work off campus, what kind of visa should I apply for?

Answer #5 – Speak with your University’s Designated School Official (DSO).


Question #6 – Green Card

Is there a set period that I must live and work in the United States before I can apply for a Green Card?

Answer #6 – No. Employers may in fact sponsor applicants overseas for employment-based green card sponsorship.
Family members may also sponsor applicants overseas for family-based green card sponsorship.
In these cases, overseas applicants will receive a temporary LPR stamp at the Consular Interview allowing them to travel to the U.S. Once in the U.S. and the immigrant visa fee paid, the physical Green Card will be mailed to the applicant at the U.S. address as listed on the Consular Processing forms.


Question #7 – B-1 Temporary Business Visitor Visa

How long can someone stay in US on a Business Visa (B1/B2)?

Answer #7 – You may receive a Visitor Visa valid for 10 years; however, the maximum duration of stay in the United States on a B1/B2 visa is 6 months.


Question #8 – Advance Parole (AP)

If my Advance Parole is about to expire and I don’t plan to travel outside of the US within the next year, do I have to renew it?

Answer #8 – No; however, it may be a good idea to renew it – just in case, as you never know when things may happen that require you to travel abroad with short notice.


Question #9 – Green Card – Family Based Immigration

If I applied for an I-130 outside of the US, do I have to come to the US for my interview appointment?

Answer #9 – If you filed from outside of the U.S., and are still presently outside of the U.S., then you would attend an interview at the Consulate/Embassy, not in the U.S.


Question #10 – L-1 Intracompany Transferee Work Visa

Can spouses of L1 visa-holders work in the US?

Answer #10 – Yes, spouses of L-1 nonimmigrant visa holders are eligible to apply for L-2 dependent nonimmigrant visa status which allows for employment authorization.


 MVP LAW GROUP –Immigration Q&A Forum – Originally posted 9/11/21


MVP Law Group social media:





Contact Information