The USCIS and the Department of Education have published an online guide entitled, “Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants” in 14 different languages. This guide contains information to help the newly settled immigrants into everyday life here in the United States.
The main subjects covered are:
- Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Permanent Resident
- Getting Settled in the United States
- Taking Care of Your Money
- Understanding Education and Health Care
- Keeping Your Home and Family Safe
- Learning About the United States
- Becoming a U .S. Citizen
For more detailed information about this subject please review the USCIS Web Page, “Welcome to the United States“.
Source of Information:
USCIS.gov, 5/23/17, Web Page: