The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be holding a stakeholder teleconference on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 between 3:00 to 4:30 pm (Eastern). The subject of the event will be the new Form I-942, Request for Reduced Fee, which may be used to request a reduced fee for Form N-400. Representatives from USCIS will give an overview of form I-942 and answer questions during the discussion.
The new Form I-942 will go into effect December 23, 2016. Using this form, USCIS will offer a reduced filing fee of $320 for naturalization applicants with family incomes greater than 150 percent and not more than 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For example, in 2016, a household of four with an income between $36,000 and $48,600 per year could pay the reduced fee.
DATE: Wednesday, December 7, 2016
TIME: 3:00 – 4:30 pm (Eastern)
To register for this session:
– Visit our registration page to confirm your participation
– Enter your email address and select “Submit”
– Select “Subscriber Preferences”
– Select the “Event Registration” tab
– Provide your full name and organization
– Complete the questions and select “Submit”
Source of Information:
USCIS.gov, 11/22/16, Outreach:
Form I-942, Request for Reduced Fee Process