Social Security Number — Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

If you are granted Deferred Action status and after you are issued an Employment Authorization Card (I-765), you may apply for a Social Security Number. You must apply in person at your local Social Security office and must bring your newly issued I-765 and proof of age and Identity. To prove age and identity you must show an original or certified copy of one of the documents listed below.
• Foreign birth certificate;
• Foreign passport;
• U.S. military record;
• U.S. military identification card;
• Religious record showing age or date of birth;
• U.S. driver’s license;
• U.S. state-issued identification card;
• School record showing age or date of birth;
• School identification card; or • Copy of medical record.

For further details read the original publication (

Posted in:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information