The Trump Administration has made many changes to the legal immigration system that will take effect in 2020. These changes will impact the lives of millions of legal immigrants already living in the United States. This Miami Herald news article listed five that they feel will affect legal immigrant’s lives the most!
Here are the five changes highlighted by the article:
- Cost hikes for key immigration processes
- Changes in citizenship test, and new reasons for denials
- More immigration forms available for online filing
- Inadmissibility on public charge grounds blocks path to green card
- New obstacles for work permits for asylum seekers
For further details please review the Miami Herald news article, “Here are five USCIS changes that will impact legal immigrants in the U.S. in 2020”.
Source of Information:
Miami Herald (miamiherald.com), 1/8/20, News Article:
Here are five USCIS changes that will impact legal immigrants in the U.S. in 2020