The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN), the American Immigration Council (AIC) and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) launched a new mobile app for your smartphone called, “Pocket DACA.” This app is designed to help undocumented immigrants brought to this country as children understand the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process.
“Pocket DACA” includes:
- DACA Screening – An online interview to see if you qualify for DACA; takes less than 5 minutes!
- Legal Help – Helps you to find local DACA legal help; including organizations, law firms and individual lawyers!
- DACA News – Lists news articles related to DACA and undocumented immigrants!
- DACA Poll – Presents selected DACA related questions for you to vote on and then see the final poll results! The questions are chosen by the “Own the Dream” campaign.
- Resources – Lists DACA related resources from general information to helping find financial aid.
- FAQs – Lists answers to frequently asked questions about DACA!
This app is available for both iPhone and Android smartphones and tablets! “Pocket DACA” is free of charge and is part of the “Own the Dream” campaign! Download it at www.weownthedream.org/pocketdaca!
Source of Information:
- AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 13081448 (posted Aug. 14, 2013)
- Immigration Advocates Network (IAN)
- American Immigration Council (AIC)
AILA, 8/14/13, YouTube Video – Pocket DACA: A How-To Guide