USCIS Issuing EAD and AP on a Single Card to Certain Applicants

As of February 11, 2011 U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card to certain applicants.

An individual will only receive the new card after filing Forms I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) and I-131 (Application for Travel Document) concurrently or after filing Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status). The new card serves both as employment authorization as well as the Advance Parole document. Additionally, the combination of the two documents creates a more protected and durable card. USCIS will continue to issue separate EADs and Advance Parole documents for certain applicants when needed.